16 March, 2013

at least he got to speak this time


So yesterday was interesting for a couple of reasons, but mostly because that small little project I did with Nazir was well received.

 I’ve nagged quite a bit about this ISSUE Magazine short about Penang here, so I won’t repeat myself.  What I’d like to add is though it may be not as flattering to Penang as Penangites would’ve liked it to be, but really that was what happened.

It’s been really interesting also getting feedback from people, and discovering which particular parts they found appealing, what works for whom.

Different people have told me that they liked very different bits of the short, which makes me wonder, does that mean as a storyteller I’ve failed to put together a uniformly attractive yarn?

Anyway, I'll add in English subtitles soon, as soon as I finish this long painful drawn out process of subtitling every single noise in the video. I have new found respect for the subs community.

No comments: